Fighting Fraud Can Pay
You may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000 if you meet the following conditions:
- The Medicare fraud you report is substantiated as potential fraud by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Program Safeguard Contractor or the Zone Program Integrity Contractor. It must be formally referred to the Office of Inspector General for further investigation as part of a case.
- You are not an “excluded individual” (for example, you cannot receive a reward for reporting a fraud in which you were a participant).
- You cannot qualify for another reward under another government program.
- The person or organization you are reporting is not currently under investigation by law enforcement.
- Your report leads to the direct recovery of at least $100 of Medicare money.